I love chickens. I love their appearances, personalities, quirks, everything. I especially love eating chickens. Today my family ate our first meal at our farm, Freedom Run Farm. And guess what we had? CHICKEN!
My Mama’s “Sicilian” Chicken
This is nicknamed the Sicilian chicken because one day my papa asked if this was Sicilian chicken and no one could really give him an answer since it was my mama who created the dish.
- 1 free range, organic chicken cut into pieces, browned
- 3 onions, sliced and caramelized
- 2 leeks, sliced and added to the onions
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced in chunks
- 1 can red gold tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup olives
Put all of the ingredients in a large pot and cook covered at 350F for at least 2 hours. It develops better flavors if it cooks for about 4 hours. Serve with thick slices of real country bread right out of the oven.